You can send and receive one-to-one SMS messages via the mobile app, and the Communicator softphone.
- If you’re purchasing a phone number from Aline, the phone number we provide, will double as a direct line phone number that can be used for calling and SMS.
- Softphone users can view if text messages were sent and delivered.
- Users can receive notifications of new text messages (desktop only).
- All SMS drafts get saved automatically, so you never lose a text you’ve created.
- Notifications appear on the communicator desktop app only.
- A virtual line (main number for example) cannot be used for SMS by multiple users. However, it can be used by one user.
How to send an SMS Message:
- Click the SMS button on the blue panel.
- Use the search bar in the upper left to search for a contact’s cell phone number. (Note: If the name of the person you are searching for does not appear, you will need to add them as a contact by selecting ‘Contacts’ at the bottom of the softphone and selecting the edit pencil). To learn more about syncing contacts, click here.
- Then, click on the name.
4. Type you message and click the arrow in the bottom right-hand corner.
Note Incoming SMS notification will appear in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
Note: SMS from the recipient will be in blue.
How to Send an SMS via Mobile App
- Click the three-lined icon in the upper left-hand corner for Android.
For iOS, please navigate to More > SMS
- Select the SMS icon.
- Select who you wish to send an SMS message to. You can send from the directory or the contacts. Note: Each individual you wish to text must have a phone number that is able to receive SMS.
4. Once you select the individual, select the blue arrow to initiate an SMS.
5. Type your message and hit the send button. There is also a phone icon in the upper right if you wish to make a phone call.