A conference call can be made on either the Yealink desk phone or the Communicator app!
Option 1: Yealink
1.Press the Conf soft key during an active call. The call is placed on hold.
2.Enter the number of the second party, and then press the Send soft key.
3. Press the Conf soft key again when the second party answers. All parties are now joined in the conference.
4. Once you hang up from the conference call, all other parties on the line will disconnect as well.
Note: Conference calls on the Yealink desk phone are limited to a 3-way call.
Option 2: Communicator App
1. Start by clicking on the Conference icon. This can be found in the header of the Communicator app. If the icon is not visible, select the 3 dots on the right to see more options.
2. Create an instant conference or select a preexisting conference line from the drop down menu.
3. Next, to add members to the call, select the Person+ icon towards the top and enter a telephone number. You may also drag and drop office members into the call from the directory.
4. Click "Join" to start the conference call.
5. If you hang up your extension from a conference call on the Communicator app, the other members of the call will still remain in the call.
How to Add Another Party to an Existing Call on the Communicator App
If you are already speaking with someone and need to add another person to the call, click on the Person+ icon to add the additional number.
Note: The default limit is 10 persons in a call.
How to Create a Conference Extension
1. To create a conference extension, please navigate to Conferences > Add Conference in the admin portal.
2. To join the conference, please dial the conference extension from any office phone and the PIN (if enabled).