First Step: Send a Test Fax
1. Download this test PDF: ALINE TEST FAX.pdf
2. Send this fax to 567-221-0052
If the Test Fax Is Successful
If the test fax successfully sends, please use the troubleshooting steps below:
- It may be the number you are trying to send faxes to is not available. Please double check the fax number.
- Additionally, it may also be the document you are trying to send isn't a compatible PDF fax document. Some common issues may include:
- All pages are not in portrait mode
- Pages are not standard US size (8.5"x11")
- In some cases, printing the document as a PDF resolves the compatibility issue. For more info on how to print as a PDF, please click here.
NOTE: If the test fax is successful, all other faxes are going through, and the fax number has been checked to confirm it is valid and working, it may be more than likely the fax line was busy when the fax failed to send. The user can continue to try to send the fax, and once the fax line is free, the fax should successfully go through.
If the Test Fax Is Unsuccessful
If the test fax fails to send, please use the troubleshooting steps below:
- It's best to not use WiFi when possible. Please directly plug into a router or switch if possible for best reliability.
- Network Troubleshooting Steps:
- Unplug your router for 15-30 seconds, then power it back on.
- Unplug your computer for 15-30 seconds, then power it back on.
- Run this VoIP test. Note any failed results.
- Check for any damaged cables connected to the router and devices.
- Remove any obstacles between the device and router if connected to WiFi. Best to avoid using WiFi.
- Reach out to your ISP (internet service provider) to check for any outages.
- Factory reset your network router.
- Use a Recommended Router for VoIP