Users can send and receive an unlimited amount of one-to-one SMS messages via the desktop or mobile app!
- If you’re purchasing a phone number from Aline, the phone number provided will double as both a direct line phone number that can be used for calling and SMS.
- Softphone users can view if text messages were sent and delivered.
- Users can receive notifications of new text messages (notifications appear on desktop only).
- All SMS drafts get saved automatically, so you'll never lose a text you’ve created!
- A virtual line (main number for example) cannot be used for SMS by multiple users. However, it can be used by one user.
- Caller ID Names are not supported with SMS messaging. Only the telephone number will appear to the recipient of the text.
- One SMS message can hold up to 640 characters in total. If your message does not send due to the length, the message will need to be broken down into smaller messages.
- For information on how to send bulk SMS texts, please click here.
How to Send an SMS Message Through the Desktop App:
- Click the SMS icon on the blue ribbon.
- Use the search bar in the upper left to search for a contact’s cell phone number. (Note: If the name of the person you are searching for does not appear, you will need to add them as a contact by selecting ‘Contacts’ at the bottom of the softphone and selecting the edit pencil). To learn more about syncing contacts, click here.
- Then, click on the name.
4. Type your message and click the arrow in the bottom right-hand corner.
Incoming SMS notifications will appear in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
SMS text from the recipient will be color coded blue.
How to Send an SMS Message through the Mobile App:
- Click the three-lined icon in the upper left-hand corner for Android.
For iOS, please navigate to More > SMS
- Select the SMS icon.
- Select who you wish to send an SMS message to. You can send from the directory or the contacts. Note: Each individual you wish to text must have a phone number that is able to receive SMS.
4. Once you select the individual, select the blue arrow to initiate an SMS.
5. Type your message and hit the send button. There is also a phone icon in the upper right if you wish to make a phone call.